Where are u now?

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Jag vill leva la Dolce Vita!

Hey! Right, after a rather stern talking-to about the utterly dangerous pitfalls of living online from Missy Pauline yesterday, I resolved to do something about my online addiction (it's true!) and meet some real people, and real boys in the flesh, in the hope of actually finding someone that is right for me. I didn't say Mr. Right, I don't really believe there is just the one.

So today I decided to dare a little bit and go along to a VIDEO SHOOT! The Swedish group 'After Dark' is a transvestite duo, and one of them, Christer Lindarw, has recorded the Stockholm Pride song 2006. It is a reworking of 'Go West' but with the words 'go west' replaced by 'kom ut!' (yes, it's 'come out'). It turns out that some people from the Stockholms Gaykor, of which I am a sort of honorary member, had already sung the backing vocals on the track, and today, the instructions were to go along to Katarina Bangatan at 1245 dressed all in white.

Thanks to the wondrous shop that is Kappahl, I got some nice white culottes on Friday, and a new white tshirt.

This morning, after a MORNING SWIM IN THE LAKE OUTSIDE MY WINDOW, and after a lovely family breakfast with Ulla and Albert (and after Tuff the dog had pooed all over the rug, poor thing), I decided to bite the bullet and go along. I was cacking it, thinking 'oh, you know, I'm not really in the choir, and they might be a bit pissed off that I am butting in'. But mindtalk to back of mind, off I went, with a lovely white belt made for Ulla by her friend Jan who is a kinky leather designer (did anyone say 'Sling pride!'? I think they did!).

So on the way out of the underground station at Skanstull, a lady asked me which exit was closest to Katarina Bangatan. I didn't know and said so, and she turned out to be Canadian, a lovely lady called Laura. We swapped numbers after finding Katarina Bangatan. She is smarting from a breakup so I figured we'd have some stuff to talk about :o)

Lalala. Arrived at place, was immediately ushered 'into shot' with the other Swedish pooves. It was amazing, working that camera! I've never done that before! We worked it a few times, then inside for 'fika' (coffee break) and then across the road to sing again ('Tillsamans!') with Christer eating cream cakes on a table.

Then a break. So off we popped to Medborgarplatsen and I sat with some lovely lovely Swedish men and drank beer and we talked about all sorts of stuff. It was SO NICE TO JUST GET OUT AND DO SOME STUFF!!! I was v happy.

They then said 'Let's go to Långholmen!'. Långholmen is a gay nudist beachy type thing that is apparently cruiseground-tastic a la George Michael as well. So off we went. It was great. Sitting with my feet in the sea, drinking fizzy water and singing 'Kom ut!' and harmonies. Such fun. And I got a tan!

Then we decided to head back to a park at Zinkensdamm where the last part of the video was being filmed. We marched up and down a hill waving our hands about, and cheering. I met a lovely French-English lady and made her laugh by saying inappropriate things in French. YAY!

I was just SO SICK of feeling crappy. This last week has been an uphill struggle, not helped by only the slightest trickle of work. I've been really down on myself, and convinced I am destined to be alone forever. And that kind of thinking never made a boy feel better!

So now I have swapped numbers with half the choir, who tell me Stockholm is a really hard city to crack, and that I have done really well so far. No wonder I have been seeking refuge online. But less so in the future.

Tonight on Patricia the disco boat, there is a 'foam party' (skumfest! på svenska!) and I am going to go to it, even though I am so very unsure as to what a foam party is and what one does there (apparently feel people up in a corner). After today, I'm realising that going just a wee bit out of my comfort zone and feeling a tad uncomfortable reaps tremendous rewards. And if I want to meet someone, they're hardly going to come knocking on my computer.

So off I go. I will update you all with news of what happened.

Innit? x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home