Where are u now?

Monday, May 22, 2006

Quick hello from Athens!

Hello! Quckly.

I am about to go and have breakfast (at 1 p.m., yes!) on the veranda looking out at the lemon trees in the garden. Greece rox! I didn't get to the Eurovision proper, what with the black market tickets at EUR 500 a throw. So I watched it here in Anna's boyfriend's Tony's house (any more apostrophes?) near the airport. On a huge plasma screen with the lovely Anna, the lovely Tony and the lovely Xristina, whom I last saw sunning herself naked on a rock in Amorgos in 2004! It was amazing and super.

Carola did Sweden proud, even though she looked half-possessed (and Carola, God tattoos are SO last century!). I was loving the blue and gold costume change.

Lordi won. Blah. But it was a good show, and next year HELSINKI DOTH BECKON!

I tried to figure out how to type in Greek characters, because I can see them on the keyboard, but neither Anna nor myself can figure out how to activate them.

I am SO GLAD I came on holiday. It is so much fun. We went to a deserted beach on Sat and yesterday and skinny-dipped. I sang Min Karlek out into the ocean on Saturday while Anna (ever the Scando) provided a running translation for Tony. Yesterday's song was Dancing Queen with a verse in Spanish.

The sun! The sea! The sand! The absolute lack of sex! The fact that getting a suntan makes me get da horn so very hard! Anyway...

We are going to Ashtanga yoga this afternoon! I've not done any for almost 3 years so I'm understandably doing the dread-age of it. I will keep you posted if I can still type!

Coffee calls...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home