Where are u now?

Saturday, May 13, 2006

I really ought to be working...

...so posting stuff on here just seems so much more fun! Hey all.

I am working for a new company in Paris. They are nice. They sent me a heap of stuff, and I should be getting on with it but I'm not.

I had a bit of a shit day or two. As often happens on Internet, something that looked v promising on the boy front revealed itself to be not that promising after all, and I had gone and invented 'Bridget Jones gets married' volume 3, and was choosing a stylish bridal gown.

This most likely says more about me than anything else.

However, watching your pretty house of cards tumble is still a pastime I'd rather not partake of too often.

As Pauline, my spiritual guide in the disco realm, said 'If it's not real, don't invest in it'. So from now on, until we have met and seen if we click or not, it's a no-go (note to prospective suitors). It's amazing how deeply this all affected me. Yesterday I was a birrova snivelling wreck! But as I just rationalized on the phone, because I am here in the wilds of the north, and still finding my feet, any emotional connection is going to feel that bit stronger. Even if it is only virtual.

One good thing about this whole affair is that it would seem I am now ready to accept I have stylish French baggage, and not let that hinder me from opening up. Now I just have to find the right boy. WHERE ARE YOU?

I am going to Athens on Weds! I have no tickets for Eurovision but I do have plane tickets and somewhere to stay. And hopefully I will meet up with lovely Tim from the Pinkies while I'm there. Hurrah. Then Copenhagen. Then Edinburgh. It's all go.

I bought Shirley Clamp's new LP when it came out on Weds, it is v g. Rather MOR-y but v g. Of course, I couldn't say anything else.

That's all for now. Hej hej!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home