Where are u now?

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's snowing men!

Hello. It's all dark-ish outside since it has been snowing sporadically all afternoon! I slept for another 12-hour marathon last night. It's mad. I keep having very REAL dreams. Last night's involved my ex, and those dreams are never nice. I woke up in a birrova state, and when explaining the circus of hideousness that was my breakup 3 years ago, and how I had to leave Toulouse all on my own, and how I cried for the entire length of the journey back to Blighty, it all came back and I was in total tears again.

Bloody hell. Maybe some things just take longer to get over. Actually, I had sort of the same problem when I lived in New York for a month. I felt like I was all wrong and that it would have been great to have been able to show my ex all these great things in NYC. But a nice lady at work there pointed out 'Your ex is a bum. You just miss him because he was something familiar in an unfamiliar landscape.' I think she had a point. So that's maybe why he has been so in my thoughts over the past few days. Dunno really...

So yesterday, I decided to go for a walk while it was still light, and Anissa bumped into me en route, so we went together. We went for a wee walk (involving my first full-on fall in the snow!) and ended up at a FROZEN LAKE! So we walked for like half an hour over the frozen lake (it was SO mad!) and I got my photo taken standing on the ice beside a BOAT!... Like ON the lake! So once I figure out how to work this, I'll post it.

I am still loving Anissa. Even if she does do housework. She is next door watching 'That 70s show'. I went out to buy some more undergarments, and took 2 tunnelbana trains to go to Skanstull's 'Ringen' shopping center. I went round looking at lovely Swedish design things and thinking 'Hmmm.' Then I went for a semla (cream cake) and kaffe (coffee) at only 44 kronor. Yay. It was great. I am officially loving it.

Got train back, then went to supermarket (still a strange place!). Do u know, they sell Nescafe without the lids on, and just a foil covering??! They couldn't do that in England, some chav would take great pleasure in sticking his or her fingers through every one.

I think they asked me if I wanted a cap at the till. I had no idea, but they gave me one anyway. I bought some candles (when in Sweden...) and some PASSION FRUIT flavoured cider! And some pear flavoured cider. And some pepparkakor (ginger biscuits). I bought some cider the other day and was dismayed to discover it had NO ALCOHOL in it! VAD??

So I got some with alcohol in. And since I'm feeling generous, I got Anissa a wee box of Belgian chocolates. She is preggers, after all. And she makes a mean stew.

Right, I'm going to have some coffee and pepparkakor. mmmmmmmmmm
:o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home