Where are u now?

Monday, March 20, 2006

Stockholm here am I

Hello. Thanks to the advice of the wonderful and golden-tonsilled Ms. L'aura Parkes, I am creating a blog. Which is actually quite a good idea, since that way, I don't have to ever write e-mail ever again! But I can still be filthy in chatrooms. Not that I ever am. You know.

So here I sit in my kitchen in Stockholm. I moved here on Friday from London. I had a nasty cold all last week, and spent most of it coughing up phlegm. Apart from when I went to Bristol to meet someone lovely. I wasn't doing much coughing.

My flatm8 is called Anissa, she's 32 (same age as me), and she is from Tuzla in Bosnia originally. First surprise on arrival was that she is 3 months' preggers! And she is a Tibetan buddhist. She went to see her lama yesterday. I'm not sure about her lama. He apparently hits people if they take drugs. And other unlikely things of that ilk.

I went to Melodifestival (Swedish version of Song for Europe) on Sat. It was totally ace. My seat was so far from the stage I felt like I was in a bloody satellite. But it was great, even if Carola won. Linda was robbed!

I went out with Dale from my Swedish class in London after, to a club called Lino, where they play wall-to-wall schlager (Swedish pop). I was so hard loving it! And the best bit was getting the tube back home at 2am! I live six stops from Gamla Stan underground (tunnelbana) and Stockholm really is beautiful.

Anissa says we should go to Budapest together, since she has a friend there. It's apparently even more beautiful than Stockers. Which I find rather hard to believe.

I went to the supermarket yesterday, which was an experience. Totally mad. No idea what half the stuff I bought is. I suppose that's half the fun. I got some pate, and Anissa was saying "oh god I can't eat pork". She had a craving for pate this morning though!

Anissa rocks. For now. I am so over forming instant judgments. HAhahahahahaha

I am apparently joining the Stockholms Gaykor (gay men's chorus) on Thurs. I hope it will be good. My Swedish is pretty much rubbish, but I have a lot of time, and willingness to learn. I have set myself the goal of finishing the Colloquial Swedish book by the end of May, when I'll be going to Copenhagen to sing with the Pinkies. I WILL ROCK IN SWEDISH.

Oooh. Must dash. They're playing 'Kalla Nätter' by Jessica Andersson, my new fave tune, on Svenska Favoriter, my new fave station.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home