Where are u now?

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Sunshine After The Rain

Well, actually, there hasn't been any rain. A bit of wind perhaps. But "Sunshine After The Wind" sounds a bit dodgy, tbh.

OK, it's Saturday, no school today, so whatcha gonna do?

Well, I thought I might just ramble on a bit on here...

It feels like I never left. Really! Like, as if the whole Sept-May thing in LDN didn't actually happen! V strange. Ulla's cooking is as amazing as it ever was, Ulla and I are both talking the hind legs off a troupe of donkeys, though she is now chatting more in Swedish, which I like (mostly).

The totally strangest thing (and this REALLY IS weird) is that my Swedish is like, 10x better than before! But I haven't actually used it for 7 months! Really mad. Maybe it's doing the hypnotherapy and calming down about it not being absolutely perfect. Me and Queen Pauline both have this sort of "we MUST be perfect at languages before we are considered worthy as people" thing. Him in Dutch, me in French. It is a bit self-defeating when used on a language you are not word-perfect in though.

We have a new flatmate. He is called Daniel and is from Dresden. I was speaking to him this morning and he said "Oh! Do you know it?" and I sort of went "erm". What was I to say? "Oh yeah, we dropped shitloads of bombs on your town." I could have gone for the pottery line, I suppose. They do HAVE pottery in Dresden, don't they?

Anyway Daniel is nice, but pretty disillusioned about Sweden. I think he's going to go back to Germany.

Right, we have also become obsessed by Spiderman. Samuel (Ulla's youngest, 15) downloaded the first 2 Spiderman flicks since he wanted to go and see Spiderman 3 last night, and wanted the background, ja? So on Thurs night, when I really should have been working, ended up watching Spiderman 1+2 back-to-back with Ulla and Samuel, and of course Tuf the dog. They were dead good actually.

However, having now seen Spiderman 3, I can confirm that it is crap compared to the first two. The plot is half-baked and leaves loose ends all over the shop. We don't heart. But it was ok.

I was going to go out to Connections last night, but was a bit scared to, to be honest. I'm not so into this 'going out on one's own' lark since I have spent the past few months nestling in the safe cocoon of lesbianism. I will however go to Lino tonight, if only to dance to Sanna Nielsen's "Vågar du, vågar jag" which is this year's best song so far.

Obviously, the chance to eye up lots of Swedish boy-totty is not to be sniffed at either.

Getting to Stockholm itself was hectic. I went out with the Pinkies en masse on Tues to see Anthony Pinkie's band, "Paleday". They were good. I know all their songs now too. But I do think a keychange or five wouldn't go amiss. I mean if it's good enough for Sanna Nielsen...

Ended up in Molly Moggs gaybar for a fleeting second, then at G-A-Y Late where they let us in this time. Got far too drunk considering I was leaving the country the next day and hadn't packed...

It's so surreal to be back. But good. I've been working totally like a mentalcase as well, and today is the first day I can calm the fucque down.

SO I shall go and have a shower then maybe take Tuf out for a bit and then go into town and see what is up in Stockholm, the most beautiful city ever.

And be excited about the strong possibility of going on hols to MONTREAL (AAAArgh! English and French!!!!) in August.

After Stockholm, Helsinki, Paris, Toulouse and London.

I'm a travel ho! Fly me! xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home