Where are u now?

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Flying the Flag (for Sweden)

Hej girls, hej boys, hej superstar deejays-here we go!

Right, it is Saturday afternoon and I should be doing work (story of my life) but am just too excited what with the impending camp-fest that is Eurovision... in a matter of hours!

This will be my first Eurovision in Sweden. We are celebrating in a suitably sedate Swedish way... Ulla's daughter Elsa and her bf Peter are coming, and Albert, her eldest son is coming round. She has made a special Ulla Cheesecake (best in the world!) and though she has been a crabbit old ho today, I'm sure this will change, and her sunny disposition will again be on display...

So, what's new? Well, have been working loads and loads. Not v interesting, but it's been taking up a lot of time, and I've been hearing Ka-Ching a lot.

Watched the Eurovision semis on Thurs, GUTTED that Denmark didn't qualify. It's an Eastern bloc extravaganza nowadays. But it's still Eurovision, and just how miserable would I be if it weren't there at all? Clue: v.

I mean, Bucks Fizz was my first ever concert at the Edinburgh Playhouse on the 15th Aug 1982. My life would never be the same again. I remember my Mum commenting to a friend that Jay Aston was "hard as nails - not a nice woman". Funny that.

So what else. Erm...

Ooh yes. Went out to Torget (super Stockholm gay bar with chandeliers) for 1st time since coming back, with Lisa from Liverpool. Lisa is doing a post-doc at the Karolinksainstitutet here, though she's not so v happy and we'll see where she goes next...

So we got thoroughly sozzled on pear cider and then I dragged her round to Connections, fierce gay club. It was nice not to be there on my own for a change! She got a bit sick of dancing to schalger (what's WRONG with her?) and so beat a hasty retreat. Upon which, to my great surprise, some guy started totally checking me out on the dancefloor. I couldn't see v much what with the strobe lights and being pissed, but it looked like he was dancing with his lady friend. When the lady friend went off to get drinks, man started to seriously eye me, and then came over and OOPS! there we were locked in a tongue sandwich. I was thinking 'Less tongue, more mouth pls' but that is just me, maybe.

Anyhow, it was q fun. Esp since Ulla had just got me to stand on her scales which declared my body contained 42% fat!!!! Like, I am fatter than creme fucking fraiche! I was not pleased. I think the scales they do lie. Me, a fatty? Come now...

So after vague snog, the guy's lady friend came back with drinks. Except it wasn't a ladyfriend but in fact a boyfriend. I hadn't seen he had a beard b4 (damn strobe lights! damn pear cider!)

Things looked hairy for a sec. I thought 'oh fucque this'. So I made like I was going to the bar and then just left. Had a lovely sausage in a bap on the way home (not a euphemism, can I just say?) and it was probably 42% fat as well. Hurrah.

Came home, Ulla woke up, we ended up blethering on the bed for 2 hours and eating chocolate digestives. Was v g.

Went to meet her at Kaffebar at 12. Ulla is in dismay about Turkey maybe winning Eurovision. Like, dismay, yeah? I had to use every ruse to shake that bad boy depression off her face.

Looking up always helps, according to hypnotherapy...

So anyway. I'd best get on, eh? Quite fancy going to Lino after Eurov tonight, but may be too plastered.

Go The Ark! Go Scooch! Go Verka for Ukraine (drag queen with a star on her head!)

Rock. Tuff the dog is now in love with me. It's official. He scratches at the bedroom door every morning going "Whimper! Whimper! Let me in to lick your face!"

Like, yeah.

:o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home